The federal government and individual states have many laws that govern the relationship between employers and their employees. These laws cover nearly every aspect of the implicit and explicit contracts between workers and their employers. Common violations of employment laws include:
- failing to provide safe work environments
- failing to pay adequate minimum wage and overtime compensation
- failing to provide mandatory breaks
- misclassifying workers as independent contractors
- violating the WARN Act by not providing adequate notice of a reduction in force
- systematic harassment, discrimination or retaliation
Class action lawsuits against employers are sometimes necessary in order to create safe and fair labor environments in the absence of union representation.
Employees who have been subjected to unfair or unsafe labor practices deserve to be compensated and protected from retaliation. RPWB attorneys have helped employees and former employees receive compensation for systemic labor violations.
We have the experience, resources and legal sophistication to investigate and litigate complex matters in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
If you have been a victim of an employment law violation that also affects other employees, please contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation.