While there are many excellent nursing home facilities across the country, there are also those that have begun to put profits before patients. In these facilities, the result can often be neglectful or abusive treatment of a resident—your family member or friend. Common signs of neglect and abuse include:
- Death or serious injury to a wandering resident, especially if the resident suffers from Alzheimer’s or dementia
- Pressure or bed sores requiring hospitalization
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Failure to assist in personal hygiene
- Frequent medical attention or broken bones due to falls
- Unusually heavy or constant sedation of the patient
For an evaluation of your nursing home, call the attorneys of Richardson, Patrick, Westbrook & Brickman at 888-293-6883, or visit the official federal government website. Please contact us with any questions or if you’d like to explore your legal rights.